Today I will show you the steps to do an oil change on your car.

Remember to always use safety.

This is my car, its a 1996 Nissan 300zx Convertible, a rare beauty.
post picture

Raise Car Jack Stand Locations - Safely and securely raise the car with a jack and jack stands.
post picture

Oil Change Tools - These are the tools needed to change the oil on your car. A Wrench, Oil Filter Removal Socket, Rachet and a new Oil Filter. I also recommend using vinyl gloves, it will save you alot of dirty hands. Here in california its believed that petrolium causes cancer, so i always use gloves whenever I am working on cars to keep my hands clean.
post picture

Remove Oil Filter - To remove the oil filter from the engine, use a special socket that fits perfectly into the oil filter. You can also buy other tools that will also remove the oil filter, but I've found that this tools is the easiest way to remove the filters on my 1996 Nissan 300zx.
post picture

Clean Oil Filter Housing - After you have removed the oil filter, clean around the oil filter housing from the oil left behind, this will ensure a proper seal when its clean.
post picture

Lubicate new filter - Once you have cleand around the housing, install the new filter. Make sure to lubricate the rubber seal around the new filter with fresh oil. IMPORTANT: To properly tight the new filter, you must screw the filter all the way in until it touches the housing, after it touches the housing, turn 3/4 - 1 full turn. DO NOT OVER TIGHT!!!
post picture

Drain Oil - To drain the old oil out, remove the drain oil plug with a wrech or a socket. In my case, I used a 14mm wrech to remove the screw
post picture

Put New Oil - Once you have drained all the oil out, its time to fill the engine with the new oil. CAUTION: !!!! Be careful not to over fill the engine with oil. Check your car's capacity. In my case, on my 1996 Nissan 300zx Non-Turbo the manual said 3.40 Litters (3 3/4 Quarts). If you put too much oil you will ruin your seals and cause you engine to start leaking oil all over the place and then it will be more expensive to fix this, so to avoid breaking the seals, make sure you do not overfill.
post picture

After you have fill the engine with new oil, make sure you have tighten everything properly. Inspect the oil filter to confirm it tight and secure, also check the oil fluid plug to make sure its tight and secure also check to make sure you have put back the screw cap where you put the oil into the engine to make sure its tight and secured. After you have checked and doulbled check, start that engine and look for any leaks.

BE RESPONSIBLE TO THE ENVIRONMENT

PROPERLY DISPOSE OF THE USED OIL. I TAKE IT TO THE LOCAL AUTO PARTS STORE WHERE THEY COLLECT USED OIL FOR FREE. DO NOT THROW OIL IN THE DRAIN OR ANYWHERE IN THE GROUND ---- PLEASE !!
WHILE I LIVED IN TEXAS, I SAW THIS NEIGHBOR DIG A HOLE IN THE GROUND AND THEN POUR THE USED OIL INTO IT. HE WAS REPORTED TO THE AUTHORITIES AND LATER HE HAD TO PAY A HUGE FINE TO REMOVE AND CLEAN THE AREA WHERE HE HAD BEEN DUMPING ALL HIS USED OIL. DONT' BE A JERK, AND RECYLCE PROPERLY.

post picture